05 March 2010

parent-teacher conference*

"I have only positive things to say about your son. He's a very good boy. He enjoys learning so much. He is friends with everyone in his class, but I also see that he has a group of friends that he treasures so much. His best friend is E. When E walked in late this morning, your son run to him to give him a big hug. They really get along so well. He is always so gentle with his classmates.



I have no problems with his development at all. He can do everything I ask of him, perfectly. And that's why he finds the time to experiment and explore. He loves to play with letters, to read. Now he also sings a lot.

My assistants actually suggested that I advance your son to the next level of kleuterklas, but I don't think it would be good for him. I think it is more important for him to be among his friends and to enjoy what he is doing. If I see that he is getting bored already in this class, then I will move him to the next level. But I can see that he really loves it here.



He is also very obedient. When I tell everyone to stay in line while waiting for their parents to pick them up, only one kid ever follows my instruction. And that is your son. It warms my heart to see that there is one kid listening to me. "


*I want to begin this day by writing down all of these things that I heard from my little one's kindergarten teacher last night. Such words are enough for one to keep working and to keep doing what one has been doing. Somehow, it gives me and Lakay a sense that we are on the right track of parenting. I don't mean to brag, though. I know that a large part of my son's great traits is a gift from Life. And we are just thankful, thankful, thankful.

No comments: