06 October 2010

comfort words

I've been working like hell lately. I'm preparing for something dreadful, and I need all the energy support I can get. So for the past days,  I've been working in my son's bedroom (I only do this when he's in school; but now, out of necessity, even when he's here --sorry anak!)

I'm not sure though, if my being  home makes it easier for him. Sometimes he comes to sit on my lap while I type. Then I have to tell him that he can't disturb mummy yet.

I try to make up for this by reading him chapters of Prince Caspian at night and putting him to bed after that. But I know these are not enough...

One night when I felt all the physical and mental fatigue from all the writing and reading, I hugged him in bed, and said, "You know what, anak, I miss you soooo much."

He looked up to me and said, "Why?"  with a tone that makes me want to laugh at myself for being nuts--Oo nga naman, why would I miss him when I've been home for days?

Still, I wanted him to know,  "I miss you because I've been working and working and working. I don't even have the time to play with you."

He looked up to me again,  and said with such sweetness, " I miss you, too."

Remember what those moms say about forgetting how tired they are whenever they see their kids?
That's it. That's what those words felt like.






2 comments:

ruthietheotaku said...

lol get some rest mommy, you do look washed out

ZDA said...

Sooo sweet. :)